I've really been failing at this blog thing lately, but that's largely because we have our vlog now, which kind of serves the same purpose. So at least our lives are still getting recorded somewhere. But I keep telling myself I should still try to keep up the blog, so here is a quick post about Halloween!
We went with an Aladdin theme this year, with Coulson being Aladdin, me being Princess Jasmine, and Chrisser being Carpet.
I had intended to actually make myself a costume with the poofy pants, etc., but I didn't have time after Chrisser's, haha. His took forever. It wasn't hard, but it was very time consuming since all of the red and yellow pieces are hand sewn onto the background. But mine worked out pretty well considering. The shirt and skirt are actually dance practice clothes that I've had for a few years and the jewelry I just made from cereal boxes. Coulson's was pretty easy and I was able to just use some fabric we already had for the vest and the pants. The onesie has a design on the front, but we just put it on him backwards, haha. And to finish it off we had a little toy Abu that Chrisser has had since he was Aladdin for Halloween when he was like 5 or 6 :). We tied Abu to Coulson's vest so we wouldn't lose him.
As far as festivities, we went to the dance lab on Thursday (which is where the above picture was taken) and a ward party on Friday. Chrisser wore his costume to the animation lab on Saturday, and we also wore them grocery shopping that evening. We had one group of trick-or-treaters come, which was kinda fun. We weren't really expecting anybody since we only have 2 or 3 kids in our ward who are old enough to eat candy and I think they went with relatives in a different neighborhood, but the group that did come looked like they were about 11-13 years old, so I guess they just came here because they could hit a ton of apartments in a short amount of time.
The ward party was mostly just a dinner, but they also had bought a ton of pumpkins intending for people to carve them at the party. It was really cold outside so I don't think very many people actually carved one (though a few people brought one inside to carve once a lot of people had left so it wasn't so crowded), so there were a ton of leftover pumpkins. So even though we didn't really have time to carve them, I took a couple and ended up painting them.
Had to stick with the theme :). I think I might try my hand at baking with them this year if I have time. I've never tried cooking a pumpkin myself before. I've always used the canned stuff on those rare occasions when I have made something with pumpkin. So that will be an adventure!


No comments:
Post a Comment